The Position Summary
Title: Organic search Director
Location: Sydney with occasional national and international travel (remote not an option – sorry!)
Reports to: Managing Director, Freddy Chanut
Reports: SEO & Inbound Marketing executives and juniors, AI/Data specialists
Works with: High calibre, switched on clients (mostly med/large web based businesses)
Key objectives: Run, structure and develop the organic search arm of the business
We are return focused SEO Agency. Our motto: Traffic is nice. Revenue is better.
We love to take on the fight along with challenger brands. We have the most fun doing it in competitive environments such as finance, education, jobs, insurance, automotive, etc….
We strive on being an extension of our client’s team and providing tailor-made, return focused work.
We are picky about the client we bring on-board and very protective of our reputation. We won’t engage with a firm unless we believe we can make a difference to their business and help them GSD. This stops us from taking on board demoralising projects and having us hating our jobs and our projects.
We are a bootstrapped company founded in 2010, which grew exponentially in the last year. We think the current agency model is broken and we really believe we can build a better alternative. But we need great people to help make this happen and that where you come in.
Career progression is based on your ability to deliver and drive the team, not your ability to play politics or by the cut of your suit. (in fact, we have a no suit policy)
We’ve got some pretty cool digs and office vibes in Manly, Sydney’s iconic beach. So get to work with like-minded people, challenge and be challenged, have a laugh, solve problems and surf at lunch time.
The Job Description
Run and develop the SEO/Inbound Marketing arm of the business.
This includes oversee client management, ensure quality of delivery, optimise internal processes, manage the team.
Display Expertise and Experience
While your primary purpose is leadership in exemplary technical knowledge and experience in SEO, analytics and conversion optimisation, you’ll be able to work on your own projects at the same time as potentially leading and developing a team of digital marketers.
Much of your initial time at In Marketing We Trust will be providing deep technical audits for our SEO clients, developing strategies and implementing them.
Whether it is audience and content marketing plan, link penalty removal, site migration, authority development, scaling SEO efforts, our strategies are as varied as our client business. As such, you will be challenged to think outside the SEO box on every project.
While this opportunity leads to developing a future leader in our organisation, the initial engagement is designed to be very hands-on requiring advanced knowledge and experience in SEO and digital marketing.
Manage and Understand Clients
As Organic search manager you will be a key contact with our clients. You will deal with the most interesting part of our client relationship:
- Understand our clients business and how issues can affect their results
- Apply your creative problem-solving mindset to suggest effective answers to SEO issues.
- Develop tailor-made programs for our clients based issues identified and resources available
- Execute campaigns in time and budget.
- Maintain and increase performance metrics of our marketing campaigns
- Manage our client relationship by ensuring an open and effective communication
Research and Develop New Products
As high-end digital marketers we are expected to be at the forefront of new development and develop solutions that fits a brave new web. To enhance your technical expertise, In Marketing We Trust will create the time and resources for you to work on advanced research projects for SEO and digital marketing.
You will be able to suggest research topics, test and develop new opportunities to increase the value of our services for our clients and the greater community. Some of the projects we are currently developing are done in collaboration with experts in the field of statistics, data visualisation, artificial intelligence, psychology and behavioural modelling.
Develop and lead the team
As a proven SEO leader, you will be developing, managing and nurturing a team of experts and to Junior SEO/Inbound marketing executives within the company.
You will like working in an entrepreneurial environment where actionable solutions and real returns drives the team and the business forward.
Your sound advice, project management experience and stakeholder management skills are a model for your teammates. Growing yourself to become an Inbound marketing director you will help our team members develop a T shaped marketer skill set.
- Deliverables: Technical seo audits, content audits, detailed keyword research, link and penalty audits, migration plans, Analytics and reporting setup, audience and customer insights, strategy and action plan development including all supportive documents
- Time and Scope Management: Design and implement customised consulting projects to agreed scope and within deadline. Setting and achieving measurable results for clients’ organic traffic, content marketing, social and PR. Manage multiple clients and projects delivery.
- Keep your edge: stay up-to-date with the latest developments in search engine optimisation, code technologies and content marketing. Research and test new products and solutions likely to increase the value of our services to new and existing clients.
- Lead: Recruit, train, manage Junior SEOs and digital marketing team members. Set clear goal, expectation and measurement structure to help them produce highest quality delivery and develop their skills and career.
- Participate: Contribute regularly to the In Marketing We Trust blog, webinars, social channels and submission for conference presentations.
- Client Project Management:
- Proactive client management – Acting as a member of our client teams, ensure client projects are delivered on scope and schedule. Provide effective communication and reporting to help our clients support their SEO projects.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of clients’ business goals, audiences and priorities.
- Design and implement tailor made solution for a client based on a client’s time, resource or capabilities. Best practices reports are for n00bs.
- Devise and manage strategies for visibility, internal linking, and attracting natural external links and traffic when appropriate.
- Train the client teams and help them use our collaborative task management tool for prioritising and keeping track of tasks.
- Be transparent, be organised, be proactive in your communication. Quiet clients are ‘soon-to-be-ex-clients’
- Be ready to be seconded to clients office to facilitate the setup, delivery and reporting of our SEO programs
- Be accessible; manage daily or ad-hoc tasks and requests.
The Ideal Candidate
You are a specialist, a strategist with the ability to take a pragmatic approach. You want this job in order to own a role and become a senior manager through experience and results. You want to work in valuable projects and build a team around you.
You’ll have worked for several years in SEO and digital environments, have both client side and agency experience. You rock socks when it comes to technical analysis. You’ll also have:
- Min 5 years in-house and agency experience
- Inbound strategy and content marketing experience.
- Ability to nurture, manage and delegate work to a junior team.
- Ability to balance best in class SEO recommendations with client priorities and limitations.
- Strong project management experience
- Exceptional Excel skills, pivot charting experience a plus.
- Ruthless focus on meeting time vs. budget objectives
- Strong ability to multitask between several client accounts
- A relentless curiosity and an inquisitive mind
- Develop and execute integrated strategies in complex, challenging environments.
- Ability to effectively translate your knowledge to gain client and colleague understanding
- Familiarity with emerging technology and current knowledge of trends and innovations in digital media required
Very big plus for Experience with :
- Front-end and/or back-end development skills.
- Data management, warehousing, statistical analysis and visualisation
Attributes and behaviours we love to see
- A can-do attitude
- Ownership of your work
- Creative in context
- Results orientated
- Collegiate and supportive
- A sense of humour
If this sounds just like you, then follow the application process. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Application Process